Your Program, Your way!
Because not every program is the same, we offer flexible options for you to customize your program to suit your specific needs.
We process orders four times weekly (Monday to Thursday). Orders are fulfilled and shipped in 3-4 days. You can determine your groups order frequency, i.e., how often and when your group or supporters of your group can place orders:
- Twice Weekly
Supporters go to our website, register, set-up an online payment to purchase their own gift cards and pay for them from their own bank account using an EFT (electronic funds transfer) or Interac® online.
You distribute our paper order forms to your supporters, collect them back by a certain deadline and place the orders online on behalf of everyone. Your supporters pay you by cheques made payable to your group. Your group then pays us by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or cheque for the full amount.
Many groups like to pre-buy cards to have on-hand to sell to their supporters. Groceries and gas are very popular choices as they are the easiest to sell.
We do this for three important reasons:
- To ensure your orders are trackable - we even send you a tracking link;
- To ensure your orders are delivered as quickly as possible - typically, 1-3 days; and
- To receive confirmation that you recieved your orders, which is why we require a signature.
Shipping costs are deducted from your group's earnings, which usually run around $10 - $20 per shipment. However, these can often be off-set by regular shipping promotions we run, including half-price shipping and free-shipping for orders that reach pre-defined thresholds.
Groups in the Montreal area have the option of picking up their orders at our downtown office.
Supporters ordering on our website have the following payment options:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Interac® online – earnings are reduced by $0.85
- Credit Card – earnings are 1.99% lower than the posted rate
- *NEW* Online Bill Payment Service – FundScrip Orders can be paid as a bill payment from your financial institution's online banking web site.
Administrators paying on behalf of their Groups have the following payment options:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- In-branch cheque deposit via BMO Bank of Montreal
Tools & Support
- Online Program Administrator Dashboard – Progress Summary, Earnings Summary, List of Supporters
- Account Statement
- Launch FundScrip – Mass Email feature
- Treasure Chest – online home of key support documents to help you manage your program.
Your group will be entitled to two (2) earnings requests per year. However, the amount owing must be in excess of $10.00 or earnings will be forfeited. Additional earnings requests will incur a fee of $14.00 per cheque to be deducted from the cheque amount.
At present, there is only one recurring fee that you need to be aware of – your group is responsible for all shipping charges. (See left column).
If you make requests beyond the regular scope of the program, fees may apply. Also, Customer Service fees will be applied for cancelling orders after they have been processed, NSF payments, etc. For a list of all fees associated with the program, please consult our Fees Page.
If you are thinking about offering FundScrip’s online program where you encourage your supporters to sign-up and order online for themselves, you will need to get a minimum of 10 committed supporters that agree to order regularly in order to get started. Then you can work on adding more supporters to increase your earnings.
If you are leaning towards the paper-based program or want to buy cards in bulk to have on hand to sell to your supporters, you will need to think about how many supporters you have access to, how many cards will they buy, and how often you want to order.
We suggest you use the shipping promotions as a benchmark for how much you should be ordering. In other words, you should be ordering a minimum number of cards to qualify for half-price shipping threshold to start. Of course, free shipping is even better, and that is your next target! But our most successful groups don’t even stop there. They continue to see how many new supporters they can enlist; so their programs are always growing.