Gift cards are the ideal Christmas gift. They're easy to give and amazing to receive, it's about giving people what they really want! Also, keep in mind that we have over 240 retailers to choose from. However, you may want to add a fun personal touch that only requires a bit of time and effort, but that will change everything about how you present your gifts. Here are 4 creative ways to give gift cards this holiday. Click here to see last year's ideas.
Christmas Gift Card Holder
We've prepared some gift card holders that are Christmas-themed and that you can quickly make yourself. They're both super simple and fun!
2. Print it on thick or photo paper.
3. Cut it and fold it following the grey lines.
4. Add glue or tape to secure it.
5. And voilà, a great gift card holder for all your FundScrip cards!
If you make one of these at home, please share the result with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with @FundScrip !
Glitter Boxes DIY from Style Caster
Glitter boxes are great looking and will put anyone in a festive mood instantly. They're very easy to make, but they look like you actually put a lot of work!
1. Pour glitter in a large box.
2. Spread glue with a brush over the top surface of your gift box.
3. Push the glued surface into the glitter a couple times.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the sides of the box, one at a time.
5. Set the box aside to dry for an hour.
6. Use the twine and gift tags to personalize the box.
Snow Globes DIY from Hip 2 Save
We all know that Christmas isn't the same without snow. Offer a gift card in a snow globe for a fun, festive and beautiful presentation.
1. Glue a binder clip holding a gift card to the bottom of a jar.
2. Place a small amount of cotton and faux snow to hide the bottom of the binder clip.
3. Place your decorations on top of snow.
4. Close jar and tie with ribbon or bakers twine to embellish.
You can also try to glue your decorations on the lid and have your jar upside down for a real snow globe effect. Filling the jar with water is also an option.
Santa Bag DIY from Pink Peppermint Design
Santa Claus keeps all the gifts in his bag - and so do you. Making your own Santa bags doesn't take much time and they're super cute!
1. Cut a strip of black felt about 3/4 of an inch wide and the same width as your bag.
2. Cut a small rectangle from the gray felt (about 1.5" x 1") and cut a square out of the middle of the gray piece by folding it in half.
3. Glue the black felt to the bag and the gray felt to the middle of the black felt.
4. Glue pom poms to the top of the bag.
5. Fill the bag with shredded tissue and your gift card.