Online Bill Payment Service
Pay for your FundScrip orders from your online banking website. Just add “FundScrip” as a payee, and then pay for your FundScrip orders as you would pay any other bill. Amazingly, there are no fees or deductions to donations for using this payment method.
How does Online Bill Payment Service work?
- Place your order on the FundScrip ordering site, selecting “Online Bill Payment Service” as the payment method
- Login to your financial institution’s online banking website*
- (First time only) Add “FundScrip” as a Payee using the 16-digit account ID provided by FundScrip during the ordering process
- Make a payment to FundScrip in the exact amount of your balance owing
* Be sure to make your payment at least three (3) business days before the Group’s order deadline or your order will not be processed on time to be shipped with your Group’s batch.
Please note that FundScrip automatically applies your payment once received, and then automatically begins processing. See the FAQ below for what happens when the amount received doesn’t correspond exactly to the amount owing.
Online Bill Payment F.A.Q.
- Who can use Online Bill Payment Service?
- Any Supporter of a FundScrip Group that has enabled Online Bill Payment Service. (Unfortunately, Groups cannot pay FundScrip using Online Bill Payment.)
- What happens if I overpay?
- Your order will be processed; and you can apply the remaining balance to a future order. Please note that with OBPS there are no refunds.
- What happens if I underpay?
- Your order will not be processed until FundScrip receives the balance owing. Please note that with OBPS there are no refunds.
- What happens if my payment isn’t received by FundScrip before my Group’s order deadline?
- If you make a payment that isn’t received on time for an order you have placed, your order will only be processed on your group’s next order deadline. If you have any questions, please contact FundScrip. Please note that with OBPS there are no refunds.
- What happens if I cancel my order before it is processed, but have already paid FundScrip?
- Your payment can be applied to a future order. Please note that with OBPS there are no refunds.
- What happens if I don’t pay - ever?
- The order will be cancelled automatically.
- Can I use telephone banking to make a payment to FundScrip?
- Yes. The “Online Bill Payment Service” provided by the banks is the evolution of the “Telephone Bill Payment Service.”
- Can I use a bank machine (ATM) to pay FundScrip?
- We were told that it is a different service; and so it would be unavailable to our users. However, you can check with your financial institution to see if they will allow it.
- Which Financial Institutions allow me to pay FundScrip using this service?
- Pretty much every Canadian financial institution that offers Online Bill Payment Service to its customers, except HSBC Canada. This includes the following:
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Toronto Dominion (TD-Canada Trust)
- Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- National Bank
- Caisse Populaire Desjardins
- Laurentian Bank
- ATB Financial
- Credit Union Central
- ING Direct
- *Please note that if you are a HSBC Canada customer and you would like to pay for your FundScrip orders using Online Bill Payment Service, then please contact us. HSBC Canada says that they will add FundScrip to their system if there is sufficient demand.